St. Patrick's Day How-To
WEB-EXCLUSIVE: Whether you are looking for a centerpiece to add to the dinner table, party favors for your guests or just a festive gift for friends and family, look no further.
Mason jar (small)
Ribbon (2 different patterns)
Adhesive ribbon (green)
1. Print out shamrock pattern from the Internet. Trace it onto a piece of green construction paper and cut it out.
2. Fold the shamrock in half, horizontally and then vertically, making creases. Cut a piece of ribbon, fold it into a loop, and glue into place. Then glue this to the back of the shamrock cutout.
3. Wrap paper straw with the green adhesive ribbon from top to bottom, leaving spaces in between wraps.
4. With your scissors, cut slits in the shape of an “X” on the back of the shamrock, in the space that is created by the fold of the ribbon. Stick the straw through the loop and the shamrock.
5. Cut a piece of ribbon and tie it in a bow around the jar. Fill the jar with whatever suits your fancy: golden coins, hard candy, chocolate, or even a tasty drink. To finish it off, pop in the decorative straw and you are done!