- Mojdeh Eskandari :: Co-founder of TEDxOrangeCoast
- This former high-tech executive talks about her passion for the past four years: spreading ideas.
- Terence Loose
- It’s perhaps ironic that if it weren’t for the suppression of ideas, TEDxOrangeCoast, an event that is all about showcasing “Ideas worth spreading,” may never have happened. At least not here.TEDxOrangeCoast’s co-founder... Full story
- Bag Man
- OC designer George Esquivel's first-class upgrade
- Kedric Francis
- George Esquivel was 19 when he kicked his father out and became head of a household that included his mother and four younger siblings. “I was sick of my life,” Esquivel says, some 25 years later, and a world away from his childhood livin... Full story
- Trekking through Thailand
- Whether it's by foot, elephant or long-tail boat, exploring this magical land is a colorful adventure.
- Justine Amodeo
- Bankok's Jewels
The elephant dreams started two weeks before I departed for Thailand; trumpeting jungle stampedes, fanciful river crossings and elephant-headed men. So when I arrived in the frenetic metropolis of Bangkok, pink taxis and tuk-tuks mak... Full story
- A Risque Fall
- This season, expect a riskier use of color, and irreverent juxtaposition of strong patterns and looks that dance along the border of strangeness.
- Photographer: James Cant
Stylist: Rafael Linares/One Represents
Hair: Christian Marc/The Magnet Agency
Makeup: Bethany McCarty/The Magnet Agency
Model: Kim Daunais/Photogenics
Digital Operator: Joanna Miriam
Photog... Full story
- Everything’s Coming Up Roses (and Daisies and Orchids)
- Striking prints and bold florals make up summer’s bouquet
- Photography: Robert John Kley
Stylist: Christie Moeller
Hair and make-up: Krystle Randall
Stylist Assistant: Sarah Ann Miller... Full story
- Ted Danson | Actor, Oceana Co-Founder
- This Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning actor talks about explaining polluted beaches to his little girls, fighting for the ocean, and why you may be getting ripped off when you order seafood.
- Terence Loose
By Terence Loose
As an actor, Ted Danson has had a long and successful career, from his iconic portrayal of the easy-going ladies man Sam Malone in “Cheers” to his current role as the smart night shift supervisor on “C.S... Full story
- Changing Tides
- Preserving our coastline and educating locals go hand in hand. Fortunately, a few Orange County influencers are leading the way.
- Jenn Tanaka
Last year, Beverly Factor jumped into the 83-degree water off the coast of Raja Ampat, Indonesia. Known as one of the ultimate underwater destinations in the world, this area, which literally means “Four Kings,” is home to m... Full story
- Oceana Seachange 2014
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins the fight to end drift gillnetting
- Steve Bramucci
There’s an extended metaphor that Geoff Shester, Oceana’s California campaign director, uses to illustrate the importance of the waters off California’s coastline.
“In Kenya and Tanzania,” he explains, “th... Full story
- The Many Lives of Todd Marinovich
- From football legend to drug addict and now artist and devoted father and husband, Todd Marinovich’s story is one of Orange County’s most spectacular falls from grace – and greatest tales of redemption.
- Jessica Husami
Art Attack To see more of Todd Marinovich’s artwork, buy an original painting or print, or contact him about commissioned pieces, visit his online gallery. :: toddmarinovich.com
Todd Marinovich materializes one hot and windy mornin... Full story
- Summer Preview
- Here's your summer to-do list, your assistant as you attempt to carpe the heck out of each diem.
- Steve Bramucci
- The beginning of June is like a watermelon ripening on the vine. It just needs a few more days before it’s primed – promising fruit that is sweet and crisp and airy. In those first days of June, we plot, plan and improvise. The hope is to... Full story